After our morning outings, we all come home and collapse. Or at least I do. On the rare occasion that both boys cooperate and actually nap at the same time, here is what happens, in case you have ever wondered what goes on in the mind of a sleep-deprived new mom of two little ones:
1. Sit on the couch for ten minutes, not really believing that both boys are asleep. Hear someone crying, check the monitor and realize it must have been in my head (I hear crying babies all the time now, whether one of mine is crying or not. Weird. Could that be the first sign that I'm losing mi mind?)
2. Realize I haven't eaten all day...rectify this by eating half a pan of cookies (rationalize by repeating to myself that breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day). Feel guilty and decide to eat something healthy, something resembling a balanced lunch- toast with a slice of cheese...totally balanced.
3. Aimlessly browse through my blog reader feeling a mixture of inspiration ("I should totally make that for dinner") which quickly wears off, and envy ("Wow- amazing trip, great outfit, clean house") which doesn't wear off quite so quickly.
4. Think about showering. Decide that would require too much effort.
5. Think about changing my nursing tank, which has spit up running down the front. Decide that would require too much effort.
6. Think about unloading the dishwasher. Decide that would require too much effort.
7. Think about folding the overflowing basket of clean laundry. Decide that would require too much effort.
8. Decide to take a nap, and just as I'm drifting off...
Vik decides he's hungry, again. And shortly after we finish his feeding, a chorus of "mama" begins in Vijay's room. Another nap time bites the dust.